For 2019, transitional design reigns supreme. Marrying traditional and modern, transitional spaces are rooted by time honored styles, while still feeling updated and contemporary. For hardware, transitional designs mix and match shapes, details, and finishes of old and new. Below are our top door knob and lever picks for 2019.
1. Emtek Octagon Knob with Stretto Rosette, pictured in Satin Brass - This dainty set requires a special door prep for it's narrow footprint, but it is well worth it. This petite hardware is big in style!
2. Baldwin 5000 Knob with 5002 Rose, pictured in Satin Black - Small and simple, you can't go wrong with Baldwin's 5000 knob. This high quality knob is available in 24 stunning finishes.
3. Rocky Mountain Hardware Plymouth Knob with Hammered Escutcheon, pictured in Bronze High Polish - The Hammered Collection from Rocky Mountain Hardware puts a fresh spin on the Arts & Crafts movement of the early 20th century. Balance the textured escutcheon with a smooth knob like the Plymouth to create a set that feels clean and contemporary.
4. Grandeur Bouton Knob with Fifth Avenue Plate, pictured in Polished Nickel - This classic design will never go out of style. The elongated plate adds drama and sophistication to doors.
5. Baldwin Hollywood Hills Knob and Rose, pictured in Satin Brass & Brown - The newest knob from Baldwin Hardware, the Hollywood Hills offers glamorous style inspired by Mid Century design.
6. Emtek Windsor Crystal Knob with Modern Brass Rosette, pictured in Flat Black - A contemporary take on the crystal knob, Emtek's Windsor Knob adds a touch of splendor to the home. With it's unique shape, it is guaranteed to draw attention and compliments.
7. Nostalgic Warehouse Round Clear Crystal Knob with Cottage Short Plate, pictured in Antique Brass - This classic knob set features a long standing design that has been slightly refined, modernizing it for the 21st century.
8. Sun Valley Bronze Spud Knob with Diamond Contemporary Rosette, pictured in W1 finish - This knob set partners an organically shaped potato knob with a contemporary rosette. Made from solid bronze, this top quality knob has a sand cast texture, adding to its organic quality.
9. Emtek Egg Knob with Rectangular Rosette, pictured in French Antique - The classic egg knob is comfortable on the hand and offers a simple but interesting shape. Emtek's French Antique finish highlights design details, and its warm tone adds instant character to homes.
10. Baldwin 5011 Estate Knob with 5058 Rose, pictured in Satin Black - Not quite square, and not quite round, the Baldwin 5011 knob has an eye catching form that is perfect for transitional homes.
11. Rocky Mountain Hardware Cross Knob with Metro Escutcheon, pictured in Silicon Bronze Light - Inspired by plumbing handles, the Cross Knob features a unique design that you won't see at your neighbors'.
12. Baldwin Contemporary Reserve Knob with Contemporary Square Rose, pictured in Satin Black - Round meets square with this go-to contemporary knob. This popular knob is available in five finishes, all at an affordable price.
1. Water Street Brass Hudson Lever, pictured in Polished Nickel - With a timeless elegance, the Hudson lever is an excellent choice. Although it has clean, simple lines, it is far from ordinary.
2. Turnstyle Designs Woven Barrel Recess Leather Handle, pictured in Polished Brass with Whiskey Leather - This door lever features a woven leather handle, evoking worldly flair. The polished brass and whiskey leather pairs beautifully with warm neutrals, black, and rich greens.
3. Ashley Norton Claros Lever on FR Rose, pictured in Dark Oil Rubbed - The Claros lever offers a sleek, modern design, especially when coupled with the ultra-thin FR rose. Ashley Norton's Dark Oil Rubbed finish is nearly black in color, offering a slightly softer alternative to the popular finish.
4. Emtek Freestone Lever on Urban Modern Rosette, pictured in Flat Black - The Freestone Lever adds rounded edges to contemporary square design, resulting in a grip that is soft on both the hand and the eye.
5. Water Street Brass 23071 Lever on 20150 Rosette, pictured in Polished Nickel - From Water Street Brass's Select Collection comes the 23071 lever. It combines a traditional shape with contemporary lines to create a lever that is highly versatile and well suited for a variety of homes.
6. Emtek Merrimack Lever with Wilshire Rosette, pictured in French Antique - Emtek's Merrimack refreshes historic details with crisp straight lines. This set looks beautiful in all nine of its available finishes.
7. Ashley Norton Knurled Bauhaus Lever with BA Rose pictured in Satin Brass - Brand new for 2019, Ashley Norton's Knurled Bauhaus Lever features a knurled grip that is both stylish and functional. Available in May.
8. Baldwin Square Lever on Square Contemporary Rose, pictured in Satin Black - The Square Lever from Baldwin's Reserve line offers high style at a great price. Its versatile design can compliment a variety of spaces ranging from contemporary farmhouse to modern.
9. Rocky Mountain Hardware Emile Lever with Mack Escutcheon, pictured in Silicon Bronze Light - This lever set is the ultimate in luxury. Handmade in the USA, this solid bronze hardware is of the highest quality. The geometric design catches light marvelously.
10. Baldwin 5105 Lever with 5006 Rose, pictured in Satin Black - Small and sleek, Baldwin's 5105 lever is an excellent choice for the modern home.
11. Emtek Select L-Square Faceted Lever with Disk Rosette, pictured in Satin Nickel - The new Emtek Select collection features innovative customization options, allowing you to modify the finish, rose, stem, and grip. This particular set features an attractive faceted grip.
12. Rocky Mountain Verdura Lever on Metro Escutcheon, pictured in Silicon Bronze Light - From one of Rocky Mountain Hardware's latest collections is the Verdura Lever. Its modern streamlined shape is balanced by the natural texture of sand cast solid bronze. This premium lever set is also available for ADA doors.
All of the hardware listed above can be customized. Like the knob, but not the rosette? We can change that. Prefer a different finish? We can do that too! Please give us a call with any and all of your door hardware questions. We look forward to working with you!